Try Out This Yummy Soup Recipe This January
Serve up this delicious soup in honor of National Soup Month.
January is National Soup Month and what better way to celebrate than by preparing some delicious soup for the whole family to enjoy? This healthy, hearty, and delicious vegetable soup is a great way to get a healthy start to the New Year.
Vegetable Cabbage Soup
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot (or Dutch oven) over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in beans, garlic, and thyme and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and water, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage and simmer until cabbage is wilted, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more parsley, if using.
This veggie soup is sure to warm you up this January. Are you looking for assistance with your shipping needs this month? If so, turn to the experts at MDS, Inc. Located in Southern California, we’re your custom courier & mail delivery service experts for all your mail and delivery needs in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Irvine, and Orange County. Contact us for more information today.