Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day deliciously.
St. Patrick’s Day is this weekend! Looking for a fun way to celebrate this holiday with the whole family? Then try serving up a green-hued menu. These tasty (and surprisingly nutritious) chicken bowls with mint pesto are a naturally green way to get into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit.
Chicken and Rice with Mint Pesto
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small cucumber
- 3 scallions
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 1 ¾ cups water, 1 tablespoon oil, and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil; add rice. Return to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer rice until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Spread on a baking sheet and let cool.
- Make mint pesto: In a food processor, puree ½ cup peas, mint, basil, cheese, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a bowl, toss together rice, remaining 1 cup peas, pesto, chicken, cucumber, and about two-thirds scallions. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining scallions and mint.
This easy, delicious, and festively green recipe is sure to get your family into the St. Patrick’s Day mood. Are you looking for assistance with your shipping needs this holiday weekend? If so, turn to the experts at MDS, Inc. Located in Southern California, we’re your custom courier & mail delivery service experts for all your mail and delivery needs in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Irvine, and Orange County. Contact us for more information today.