How To: Minimize Freeway & Road Travel Times in Los Angeles
Los Angeles has bragging rights for a number of things, but it’s a top-ranker in one category of which we can’t be particularly proud: road congestion. Any Los Angeles resident won’t be surprised to hear that; they’re all too familiar with the feeling of sitting in gridlock.
While Los Angeles fortunately gave up it’s top spot for the worst traffic in 2014’s Inrix Urban Mobility Scorecard Annual Report, it only slightly dipped into second place. Washington DC overtook LA for the #1 most congested city in the country as its residents sit in 82 hours of traffic annually, but Los Angeles is following close behind. On average, we sit in 80 hours of traffic each year.
The key to avoiding pulling your hair out in gridlock is knowing freeway and road travel times, and when to avoid which corridors. LA has six of the top ten worst corridors in the nation, so make sure you avoid these stretches at these times.
- #1 Worst Corridor In The Country:US-101 SB from CA-27/Topanga Canyon Boulevard to Vignes Street. Avoid in the mornings.
- #2:US-101 NB from CA-60/Soto Street to Haskell Avenue. Avoid in the late afternoon/evening.
- #3:I-10 EB from 20th Street to Alameda Street. Avoid after work.
- #6:I-5 NB from Artesia Boulevard to Cesar E Chavez Avenue. Avoid in the mornings.
- #8:I-5 SB from Cesar E Chavez Avenue to Valley View Boulevard. Avoid after work.
- #10:I-5 NB from CA-133 (North) to Olympic Boulevard. Avoid in the late afternoon/evening.
Want to avoid the hassle of Los Angeles traffic altogether? Skip the streets and let MDS Inc. handle your courier services, mail pick up and delivery, and distribution. With years of experience navigating Los Angeles, we know how to time our routes so we can get to you on schedule. Contact us today to learn more about our expert-level California mail delivery & custom courier solutions!
- Upcoming Hospital Projects in Orange County
- Orange County, CA: The Hub for Design Operations of Auto Manufacturers
- 4 Different Types of Courier Services: An Overview
- Office Reopenings and Return-to-work Plans: How Things Have Been so Far
- Top 7 NEW Electric Pickup Trucks With INSANE Range (2021-2022)